Wednesday, August 12, 2009

To the South...

THIS is the South Island of New Zealand.  Locals call it the 'Mainland' because it is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.  From the snowcapped mountains of the Kaikoura's in the North, to the Milford Sounds & fjiords in the South, to the many skiing, snowboarding, bungy jumping, sky diving, heli-skiing enthusiasts that holiday in the 'Adventure Capital of the World' Queenstown, to the wine vineyards of Blenheim...you can find it all here! Before I start working in this great land, I want to see it.  I planned an 11 day journey through the South Island taking me on trains, planes, boats, and buses from top to bottom and back up. You can refer back to these maps to find each city as I blog my way through the trip! (Click to view full size) Cheers...


1 comment: