Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sitting on a House and a Dog

So...for the past 2.5 weeks I've been dog/house-sitting. This is one of my most favorite things to do. There's something fun & exciting about living in someone else's house. It's like a mini-vacation except that you never leave your city. In fact, your house is just a few minutes away but because you're on your own 'vacation', you put that in the back of your mind and make a point not to go home unless it's absolutely necessary. These past couple of weeks have been filled with runs along the ocean with Wendy the dog, weekly walks to the nearest little town for groceries and movies, taking advantage of the amazing scenery for photo-opps, plugging in my ipod to the big stereo, turning it up loud & dancing, dragging a chair into the bathroom with my acoustic guitar because the sound is amazing in there, cooking, baking, and candlestick making. Just kidding about that last one. I also spent the time learning how to drive a manual car & I also learned how to make coffee. Yes...up until now I've just purchased the liquid magic, oh but now I would consider myself an ameteur Barista. You'll see...the machine I learned on is at the top of the totem pole, not just your average appliance.

It's been eventful, peaceful, relaxing, and fun. What's even better is that this is where I get to come everyday during the week to care for 3 cute-pie little boys. While it won't be nearly as quiet, it'll be adventurous, entertaining, and filled with jumping, crashing, loud boy things. So thankful I am for this home...

Here are a few pictures from my time here!

Always,
Rach










1 comment: